Monday, July 28, 2008

We're Getting Ready!

Grant and Pat adding a little here. We got our passports quite quickly and we have sent in the copies needed to Murdock Travel, as we only need visitors' visas in order to enter Germany. After we arrive we will be able to apply for long term visas, we are told. So things are working towards our departure date.

In the meantime we continue preparing here. We have been asked to give talks in our ward on August 10, then on August 16 we have a gathering of all the Ohio Howletts at Adam and Missi's home. On August 17 in the evening we travel down to Athens, Ohio where our Stake President resides in order to be formally set apart as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. On August 20 we leave Ohio in route to California for a two-day visit to Pat's mother, who is 90 years old, and some of Pat's other family members. Then on to Salt Lake City where our daughter Susan will pick us up and we will have a 2 day visit with more family there. Finally we report to the Provo Mission Training Center on Monday, August 25, 2008 at 12 noon, where our mission begins.

Language training for me, Pat, is going to be a major objective to begin with. Grant keeps reminding me that I will learn it well, and very quickly, which I really want to do. I just have to keep having the faith that it will happen. The Gift of Tongues for missionaries' benefit is real. Now I hope to see it realized in my case. We'll write more later.

2 comments:

Beckstrand7 said...

You did it! Now that wasn't so hard, was it? And we now get to stay in touch with you this way. :) Thanks for the update.

Adam M. Howlett said...

I love the site Mom and Dad! I look forward to showing our kids :)